This is a 90-minute webinar.
Fraudulent transactions are dramatically increasing – and fraudsters are becoming more sophisticated. Your financial institution and accountholders could easily become innocent, unsuspecting parties that suffer big losses. Virtually every day a new warning is issued by the media or regulatory agencies, including the recent FinCEN advisories on email fraud schemes and cyber-enabled crime. However, it isn’t only electronic schemes that are growing. Counterfeit check fraud also continues to plague financial institutions. It is imperative that your financial institution has sufficient procedures for identifying and thwarting fraudulent transactions before it is too late. This webinar will explain how to identify the red flags of a potentially fraudulent transaction and steps to protect against loss.
Recorded Tuesday, January 17, 2017
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Common deposit account fraud schemes
- Debit card fraud schemes
- Procedures for identifying potentially fraudulent transactions
- Steps to protect your financial institution from monetary and reputation loss
- Working with accountholders who are fraud victims
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- FinCEN Advisory to Financial Institutions on E-Mail Compromise Fraud Schemes
- FinCEN Advisory to Financial Institutions on Cyber-Events and Cyber-Enabled Crime
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be especially useful for frontline employees, tellers, service representatives, deposit operations personnel, compliance staff, auditors, and managers.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.