12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Agricultural loan collateral… a horse of a different color? Learn the ins and outs of properly documenting ag loans and how to perfect your security interest using a variety of collateral options.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Prepare proper loan documentation for agricultural loans
- Properly perfect your institution’s security interest in agricultural collateral
- Use the special rules to obtain a purchase money security interest in livestock
- Define what is covered by “farm products” under UCC Article 9
- Understand the anti-assignment restrictions and specific requirements for obtaining a security interest in federal government payments
Community banks frequently make farm, livestock, and other types of agricultural loans. Oftentimes, these loans are actually lines of credit that the farmer or rancher can draw on to finance growing crops or raising livestock. In addition, the bank generally obtains a security interest in other collateral, such as real estate, equipment, government payments, and farm products. This webinar will explain the proper loan documents and methods for perfecting a security interest in the various types of farm, livestock, and other agricultural collateral. It will also address how to obtain a security interest in USDA and other federal government payments.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan officers, loan operations personnel, compliance staff, managers, auditors, and others that deal with farm, livestock, and other types of agricultural loans.
- Sample loan closing checklist identifying the loan documents and other items needed for agricultural loans
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.