12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
HR’s recordkeeping function is crucial to their role as a strategic business partner. Nothing is as important as knowing the compliance rules regarding documentation, notices, and record retention. With technology so integrated into HR’s role, understanding what can and can’t be retained electronically is essential.
All HR functions have federal recordkeeping requirements – from recruitment and selection, to hiring and onboarding, to compensation and benefits, to employee relations (policy administration, disciplinary actions, terminations) and training – including more than 17 employment laws regarding recordkeeping alone. Without proper recordkeeping, you are less likely to pass government audits and less likely to win lawsuits. This webinar will outline recordkeeping requirements, how to ensure compliance, and the consequences of noncompliance.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Basic recordkeeping, documentation, and notice requirements for each HR function
- Policies employers must follow, consequences of noncompliance, and documentation required to substantiate your actions
- Record retention requirements and the rules of personnel file maintenance
- Dos and don’ts of electronic recordkeeping
- Best practices when developing recordkeeping and documentation protocols
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Recruitment audit checklist
- What to keep in personnel files
- Federal recordkeeping requirements
- Chart integrating FMLA, ADA, and WC
- Legal issues surrounding performance reviews
- Salary administration checklist
- Employee records checklist
- Employment recordkeeping audit checklist
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Hiring in the Digital Age: What Every HR Manager Needs to Know About Social Media"
Tuesday, September 24, 2019
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative program is designed for staff responsible for human resources recordkeeping and maintenance. Supervisors will also benefit from learning the ins and outs of required recordkeeping and documentation, especially if some employment functions are decentralized.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.