12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
ACH payments are usually automated. Therefore, when manual intervention is needed, it often leads to confusion! ACH items can be returned as Stop Payment or Unauthorized. However, determining the correct Return Reason Code and whether the accountholder must complete a Written Statement of Unauthorized Debit or ACH Stop Payment form can be a challenge. This webinar will explore Stop Payment and Unauthorized Return Reason Codes and provide an easy formula to determine which code and form are correct.
This course is eligible for 1.8 AAP credits.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- What the ACH Rules and Regulation E say about stop payments and unauthorized debits
- Determining when to return an ACH item as R08 – Stop Payment or as R10 – Unauthorized Debit
- Differences in handling consumer and corporate accountholder stop payments and disputes
- Review recommended stop payment form and requirements of a Written Statement of Unauthorized Debit form
- Dispute scenarios – determining the correct course of action
- What to do when neither an unauthorized or stop payment return is accepted through the ACH Network, especially when it is outside of ACH timeframes
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- NEW: Interactive Quiz to measure staff learning
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session would best suit ACH professionals, frontline staff, audit/compliance staff, ACH operations personnel, and AAP candidates.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.