Understanding Title Insurance Policies, Commitments & ALTA Endorsements
Thursday, October 20, 2016
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
A thorough understanding of title insurance policies and commitments is essential to personnel who deal with real estate loans. This webinar will provide the information needed to understand the proper use of loan title insurance policies and commitments, including the insured covered risks, coverage exclusions and exceptions, and endorsements. It will examine each part of the ALTA standard form loan policy and commitment, and review common endorsements required by lenders. After this webinar, you will be able to confidently handle the next title insurance issue that arises at your institution.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Key elements of the loan title commitment and policy
- Ordering the loan title commitment
- Standard loan title policy coverages and extended coverages
- Standard loan title policy exceptions and special exceptions
- Importance of using an instruction letter before funding
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Checklist of common endorsements required by lenders
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan officers, loan operations personnel, managers, auditors, compliance officers, attorneys, and other personnel that deal with title policies and commitments.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.