Top 10 HMDA Issues for 2016 Reporting: Checkup for March 1st Submission
Tuesday, January 10, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
There are significant changes on the HMDA horizon, beginning January 1, 2018. But financial institutions will still operate under the existing rules for the 2016 data being reported by March 1, 2017. Reporters typically devote significant time to “getting it right” during January and February. Regulators can assess civil money penalties for HMDA reporting errors and require institutions to scrub and resubmit data, which can be expensive and time-consuming. How can these fines, penalties, and headaches be avoided? What does your HMDA data tell the regulators and the community about potential fair lending issues?
This webinar will cover the basic requirements for accurate HMDA data collection. Learn how to use the “HMDA Getting It Right Guide” and other tools that will streamline your efforts, find potential reporting errors, and identify fair lending red flags.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Overview of HMDA requirements for 2016 activity
- Who reports HMDA data?
- What types of loans are covered?
- What data is reported?
- When and how is data reported?
- “Pain points” and the top 10 HMDA reporting mistakes – and solutions for accurate reporting
- How to properly report data in the 26 required fields on the Loan Application Register (LAR)
- Common reporting mistakes and practical tips for managing the process
- Best practices for HMDA data validation to eliminate reporting errors and avoid expensive penalties
- Overview of HMDA data analysis for fair lending purposes
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- HMDA worksheets and flowchart for 2016 activity
- Step-by-step data collection definitions and important tips to avoid mistakes
- HMDA compliance resources, including checklists for submission and fair lending
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON’T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"HMDA Data Collection Rules: Preparing for the Extensive January 1, 2018 Changes"
on Wednesday, May 17, 2017
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan operations staff, loan officers, loan assistants and processors, compliance officers, fair lending officers, and auditors.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.