Top 10 IRA Issues: Compliance, Reporting, Death & Distributions
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Join us for a lively presentation that will provide important, timely information to avoid the most common pitfalls associated with owning or administering IRA accounts. This webinar will review recurring areas of noncompliance and provide the information needed to stay on track. This session will benefit both new and experienced IRA professionals, in addition to others who want valuable knowledge on key IRA issues. After this session, you will know how to handle IRA situations that arise daily.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Common mistakes and misunderstandings regarding IRA beneficiary distributions
- IRA custodial requirements versus best practices
- Avoiding costly mistakes when handling IRA rollovers
- One big advantage of inherited (beneficiary) IRA rollovers from employer retirement plans
- Responsibilities for calculating and reporting IRA required minimum distributions
- Key areas of reporting and administrative noncompliance
- The most often reported IRS Form 1099-R distribution code errors
- Importance of understanding your IRA plan agreement default options – not all IRA documents are created equally
- Review of IRA questions
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Reference charts with quick answers to frequently asked and difficult questions
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON’T MISS THIS RELATED RECORDED WEBINAR!
|"IRA Conversions & Recharacterizations: Understanding Requirements & Avoiding Errors"
Held on Tuesday, August 30, 2016.
You can order a recording of the live webinar, with a free digital download.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session will provide current information to customer service representatives and to individuals who have IRA operational, compliance, or reporting responsibilities. This session will also give management a solid understanding and appreciation of how to best handle many common and tricky issues to ensure a smooth IRA program.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.