Saving for Education: Coverdell & College Savings Plans
Wednesday, August 10, 2016
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
As the cost of education continues to climb, the amount of debt students and parents are accumulating is alarming. It is more important now than ever before to plan and save for education – and to save often and early.
This webinar will offer timely information regarding the rules and benefits of saving for education with Coverdell Education Savings Accounts and 529 College Savings Plans. The information will be presented in a manner that will be beneficial to all attending on both a professional and personal level. Whether you deal directly with Coverdell ESAs or 529 College Saving Plans, or want valuable personal knowledge, this session is for you. Participants will be provided with the information needed to have comfortable and knowledgeable customer discussions on the rules and benefits of college savings plans. Staff with Coverdell ESA operational, reporting, or managerial responsibilities will obtain a solid understanding of the rules and their important responsibilities.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Concepts and tax benefits of 529 College Savings Plans and Coverdell ESAs
- Differences between 529 College Savings Plans and Prepaid Tuition Plans
- 529 College Saving Plan and Coverdell ESA eligibility requirements and contribution limits
- Allowable qualified educational expenses
- Distribution rules for each type of plan
- Importance of understanding beneficiary and portability rules
- Operational and reporting requirements of Coverdell ESAs
- Impact of these plans on potential federal financial aid
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session will provide customer service staff, managers, licensed insurance representatives, and registered representatives with the information needed to confidently provide the information required for customers to make informed college savings decisions through the use of 529 College Savings Plans and Coverdell ESAs. It will also provide individuals with Coverdell ESA operational or compliance responsibilities with current guidance on the establishment, processing, and government reporting requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.