Risk Management Series:
Developing an Enterprise-Wide Risk Assessment
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Financial institutions provide great value to the American economy. But that value comes with risks. Strategic-minded institutions do not strive to eliminate risk or even to minimize it – they strive to manage risk at the enterprise-wide level. They manage risk exposure so that, at any given time, they incur just enough of the right kind of risk to effectively pursue their strategic goals – no more, no less. This is called “optimal risk-taking.” This webinar will go through a step-by-step process to develop risk assessments to address key areas of your institution. Learn how to develop an enterprise-wide process to conduct risk assessments in a practical, sustainable, and easy-to-understand way. You will receive useful tools and examples that can be implemented immediately.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Overview and key components of enterprise risk management (ERM)
- Three key areas of ERM and how risk assessments fit in
- The risk assessment process
- Identifying and assessing risks enterprise-wide
- Risk assessment system’s (RAS) relationship to CAMELS rating
- Top eight risks and others
- How to conduct an ERM risk assessment using a matrix – the core of risk assessments
- Various types of risk assessments, based on the area of risk and what they contain
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- ERM risk assessment template in Excel
- IT risk assessment template in Excel
- Categories included in an IT risk assessment
- Categories included in an internal controls risk assessment
- Useful web resources
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Don’t Miss the Other Risk Management Series Webinars!
|Sign up for the entire series and receive 6 webinars for the price of 5!|
|Click here to learn more about the Risk Management Series|
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for risk managers, chief risk officers, compliance officers, chief operating officers, chief credit officers, and the entire risk management team.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.