Quarterly Emerging Leader Series:
Establishing New Product & Service Controls
Tuesday, August 2, 2016
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
How your bank collects, processes, analyzes, and disseminates information is as critical to the bottom line as the revenue generated by any new product or service. Prior to launching a new product or service, a thorough assessment of the types and measurements of risk must be addressed to align with enterprise risk tolerance. This webinar will detail best-practice product and service controls through the product lifecycle, as well as red flag monitoring and post-mitigation solutions.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Inherent product and service risk compared and measured against back-end controls
- Seven stages of the product life cycle (Federal Reserve framework)
- Recommended assessment process for new product and service offerings
- Development of a formal change management control process
- Product and service post-implementation strategies supporting sustained due diligence
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Federal Reserve’s Second Quarter 2015 Consumer Compliance Outlook publication titled Managing Risk Throughout the Product Life Cycle
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON’T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Modifying Existing Product Terms & Fees:
Timing, Content & Requirements for Change-in-Term Notices "
on Tuesday, July 12, 2016
If you missed it, you can order a recording of the live webinar, with a free digital download.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for operations, compliance, and audit teams.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.