Notary Essentials & Legalities for Community Banks
Thursday, November 3, 2016
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
It is essential that notaries understand their duties and responsibilities. Individuals assume personal liability when serving as a notary, but their employer can also be held liable. In the financial services industry, notaries are required for many transactions. However, there are times when notaries feel uncomfortable with their role and/or the transaction. This program will teach notaries how to understand and correctly execute their duties and responsibilities, with a focus on important financial industry issues.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Duties and responsibilities of a notary
- Most common errors made by a notary
- A notary’s personal liability
- Potential liability of the financial institution as the notary’s employer
- Recommendations on how to avoid liability for the notary and the financial institution
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Summary of the notary requirements for every state
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be beneficial for all notaries and their managers.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.