Navigating Compliance Issues for Promotions, Bonuses, Contests & Sweepstakes
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Being able to catch a consumer’s eye – and retain their attention – with your institution’s latest offer is difficult enough. Now, add the complex and detailed regulatory requirements related to promoting new offers, bonuses and contests – not to mention the always-present UDAAP risks. As regulators continue to focus closely on the specific offers and overall message provided to consumers, institutions must ensure their advertisements and promotions meet the specific regulatory requirements and also clearly and transparently explain the steps a consumer must take to qualify for the offer.
This webinar is designed to provide marketing, compliance, and audit teams the ability to analyze and assess compliance risks related to their marketing campaigns. By understanding this risk in advance, you will be prepared to ensure your disclosures are upfront, clear, and transparent to consumers.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Specific requirements for introductory or promotional rate offers for open-end credit products
- Additional Truth in Savings disclosure requirements for bonuses
- Analysis of gambling restrictions and the impact on sweepstakes offers
- Best practices for institution-run contests (including those with “judging” criteria)
- Compliance and legal risks related to UDAAP
- Tips on using the “one-click rule” to advertise on websites and in social media
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Article outlining advertising review tips
- List of 10 common compliance mistakes in advertising, with regulatory citations
- Checklists for introductory or promotional rate offers (lines of credit, HELOCs, and credit cards)
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to marketing, compliance, and audit teams. Ideally, a cross-section of these teams should review the material together to ensure they are on the same page with planned promotions.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.