Loan Underwriting Basics: Interviewing, Credit Reports, Debt Ratios & Regulation B
Thursday, January 19, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
This webinar will focus on the fundamentals of underwriting credit: the essentials of gathering the right information, analyzing it in an informative and consistent manner, and understanding the impact that fair lending rules have. Since this webinar will focus on the basics, it will address the underwriting process, the information needed, and how to analyze and document the results in a useful, compliant manner. The program will focus primarily on underwriting consumer and residential mortgage loans, although the fundamentals of underwriting commercial lending will be addressed, too. Join us to learn the basics of calculating debt-to-income ratios using tax returns, pay stubs, and credit reports. This webinar will not include a line-by-line discussion of tax return analysis. See related webinars below.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Reg B dos and don’ts associated with requesting and analyzing financial information
- Information to gather for various loan requests and how it can be used in underwriting
- Calculating a borrower’s monthly income consistently and accurately, considering several common sources of income
- Tips on assessing a borrower’s monthly obligations, including options for how to treat credit card debt, debt in deferment, and debt that is maturing
- Importance of documenting your underwriting analysis, and tips for doing it effectively
- Recommendations for ensuring your HELOC underwriting practices comply with regulatory guidance
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Written manual discussing the material covered in the presentation
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON’T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Qualifying Borrowers Using Personal Tax Returns Part 1: Schedules A, B, C & D"
on Tuesday, February 14, 2017
"Qualifying Borrowers Using Personal Tax Returns Part 2: Schedules E & F"
on Tuesday, March 14, 2017
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will provide newer lenders and underwriters with a foundational overview of loan underwriting. Experienced lenders that may be transitioning into performing or overseeing underwriting analysis may also benefit.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.