Loan Review: Consumer, Commercial & Real Estate
Wednesday, December 14, 2016
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
A financial institution’s loan review program is an essential key to a strong lending program. Loan review is a mainstay of internal control over the loan portfolio. Periodic, objective reviews of credit risk levels and risk management processes are essential to effective portfolio management. These reviews also reveal whether the lending department is complying with applicable laws and regulations. Whether the loan review program is conducted in-house or by an independent third party, the purpose is the same. An effective loan review program should provide an independent assessment of the overall level and direction of credit risk within the institution’s portfolio.
This session will cover the regulatory requirements and best practices, and provide many tools, including sample policy, to help improve your loan review process. It will also include three loan case studies – consumer, real estate, and commercial.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Loan review purpose and objectives
- A “loan review plan” including how to pull a sample and a loan review request memo
- Three loan case studies – consumer, real estate, and commercial
- Sample report outline – what examiners are looking for
- Reporting process to the board and senior management
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample loan review policy
- Loan review line sheet in Excel
- Sample loan review report outline
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan review officers, senior lending officers, and loan officers.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.