Legally Handling ATM & Debit Card Claims Under Regulation E
Tuesday, August 9, 2016
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The Electronic Fund Transfer Act and Regulation E provide many protections for consumers, which impose many responsibilities and liabilities on financial institutions. Anyone who has attempted to read the regulatory language will agree that Reg E is complicated and, given the rapid changes in the types of electronic transfers, many are confused about when Reg E applies. It is further complicated because there is a legal distinction between a Reg E claim and a merchant dispute under the Visa/MC rules. This webinar will explain how to determine if Reg E applies and how to properly handle ATM and debit card claims under Reg E, including the investigation process, when provisional credit is mandated, determining the proper amount to reimburse the consumer, notices to the consumer, and the specific deadlines.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- What transactions does Reg E cover?
- Financial institution responsibilities under Reg E
- Proper handling of Reg E error resolution claims
- What can and can’t be required of the consumer
- Understanding the distinction between Reg E and the Visa/MC rules
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Detailed sample form of error resolution procedures, including specific deadlines
- Easy-to-follow matrix to determine the dollar amount of the consumer’s liability
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be useful to all deposit personnel, tellers, service representatives, new accounts personnel, account officers, managers, auditors, and compliance staff.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.