Essential Compliance Requirements for Lenders
Thursday, September 8, 2016
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
While 2014 was a banner year for changes in mortgage lending compliance, the new integrated disclosures that became effective October 3, 2015, have transformed the real estate lending process. There were new forms, expanded loan coverage, and timing requirements that collectively represent the most significant change to real estate lending in the last 40 years. This session will cover key lending compliance regulations (highlights of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, HMDA, Flood, RESPA, Truth in Lending, and Fair Credit Reporting). It will also include a Bank Secrecy Act overview outlining five reasons lenders should have BSA training. Join us for a review, in addition to learning what’s new and what’s to come.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- BSA training for CIP in the lending area, due diligence for detecting potential money laundering activity, and SAR basics
- Fair lending best practices
- Reg B requirements for the life of the loan, including tips for taking an application
- Overview of HMDA data collection, common problems, and best practices, as well as a preview of new 2018 rules
- Overview of flood requirements including the four tripwire events and changes for detached structures on residential property
- Integrated disclosure overview for coverage, timing, tolerances, and procedure changes that became effective for applications received on or after October 3, 2015
- Concerns about credit report accuracy, permissible purpose, and handling disputed reporting under the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Common errors in consumer real-estate-secured loans and tips to prevent violations
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Matrix of 28 types of real-estate-secured loans (consumer and commercial) showing the requirements for applications taken on or after the Integrated Disclosure rules that became effective 10/3/15
- Matrix of suggested training topics for consumer, mortgage, and commercial lenders and loan operations staff
- Cheat sheets to simplify compliance with several lending regulations
- Summary of recent regulatory guidance from banking regulators (CFPB, FDIC, OCC, Federal Reserve)
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, auditors, loan officers, loan assistants, and loan administration staff. It is designed for both new and more experienced lenders who want a review of existing requirements. While there will be an emphasis on real-estate-secured lending, this session will be beneficial to any employee who assists customers with various types of loan requests.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.