Essential Compliance Regulations for Deposit Operations
Thursday, October 6, 2016
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
You work in a heavily regulated industry. There are dozens of laws, rules, and regulations that must be complied with daily to avoid regulatory scrutiny and potential fines and penalties against your financial institution. This webinar will explore the alphabet soup of regulations and laws pertaining to disclosures, plastic cards, electronic funds transfers, checks, home banking and bill payers, wires, privacy/security of accountholder information, BSA, and OFAC.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- What is an unauthorized transaction under Regulation E and what needs to be done about it?
- Who can place a stop payment on a check? Are there checks that shouldn’t be stopped?
- Is notice required to increase a fee or change an account? If so, how much notice is needed?
- Are there special protections for international remittances and substitute checks?
- What back-office functions are affected by BSA and OFAC?
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Error resolution cheat sheet
- BSA and ID theft red flags for deposit operations
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for check handlers, ACH and wire personnel, staff involved with accountholder disputes and resolutions, call center employees, account services personnel, and supervisors or managers of the above.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.