E-Mail Risks, Rules, Records & Regulations
Thursday, August 4, 2016
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Much has changed since financial institutions first started using email two decades ago. Today’s email is not confined to office desktops and laptops. Employees use smartphones and tablets (institution-owned and personal) to transmit email, text messages, instant messages, and other forms of electronic messaging. Thus, the likelihood of legal, regulatory, security, and data breach disasters is greater than ever. Mobile device use can prompt FLSA overtime claims by employees claiming they were required to work off the clock and without pay.
Email records are of increasing concern, thanks to the pervasive use of mobile devices. There is mounting confusion about the preservation, protection, and production of business record email and other forms of electronically stored information. Email hacker attacks and data breaches can put financial institutions at risk of regulatory noncompliance, financial penalties, and negative publicity. Inappropriate email content can lead financial institutions into court, battling harassment, discrimination, and hostile work environment claims. Attend this webinar for an up-to-date look at email risks, rules, records, and regulations.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- What every financial institution needs to know about email use, content, records, and risks in 2016
- How a strategic email management program can help anticipate and deflect legal liabilities, regulatory disasters, data breaches, and other email risks
- Best practices to ensure legal, regulatory, and organizational compliance
- Why and how you must preserve, protect, and produce email business records
- Email business records versus transitory messaging
- Email risks and rules apply to text messaging (mobile email) and IM (turbocharged email)
- Establishing best practices-based email, FLSA, BYOD, and COPE policies
- E-discovery risks and rules
- How email policy supported by training and technology can help support your legal position
- Best practices to manage email content and use at work, home, and on the road
- Tips for effective email policy training
- Monitoring rules: reconciling privacy expectations with legal realities
- Real-life email disaster stories in the financial industry
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Article: What to Think About Before You Hit Send
- Article: Writing Effective Email: Communications Channels Best Practices
- Fact Sheet: Netiquette Rules
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must to ensure legally compliant email use, content, and records. Compliance officers, risk managers, records managers, branch managers, human resources staff, IT personnel, and others who manage the financial institution’s email system, policy, and records will benefit from this program. It will also be valuable for staff who use email for business communication.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.