What the Board Needs to Know to Manage IT
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
8:00 am – 9:30 am PT
9:00 am – 10:30 am MT
10:00 am – 11:30 am CT
11:00 am – 12:30 pm ET
How much trouble would your institution be in if its computer systems could not be used for three days? Today’s financial institutions are tremendously dependent on their information systems – in fact they can’t live without them. Proper supervision, governance, and oversight are critical to the success of the bank.
This webinar will explore the directors’ role in providing governance and supervision related to IT management. It will address the necessary frequency and depth of risk assessments; how to structure a standards-based change management process; the core elements of a vulnerability monitoring and management program; and oversight of the incident response program.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Review of the FFIEC’s updated guidance for IT risk management (ITRM) including risk identification and management
- Change-management and exception-management processes:
- System and software development life cycle
- Vulnerability management
- How to balance the institution’s needs within the constraints of vendor/service provider management
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample policies for vulnerability management
- Sample table top exercise for testing your institution’s cyber-incident-response program
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for staff responsible for management and oversight of internal audit, IT audit, risk management, and operational management.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.