Wednesday, March 29, 2017
8:00 am – 9:30 am PT
9:00 am – 10:30 am MT
10:00 am – 11:30 am CT
11:00 am – 12:30 pm ET
Serving on a community bank’s board of directors is much different than it was 15 years ago. The primary responsibility is the same – to enhance value for the shareholders. But the post-recession environment has ushered in a new era of responsibility for the board. Enterprise risk management, Basel III, cyber security, industry consolidation, and the like all require proactive, reasoned decision-making by each board member. Every member must pull his or her weight. How should a community bank go about assessing the effectiveness of its board? This webinar will explain how to inform directors of their duties and responsibilities and highlight industry expectations for the board. The presentation will provide an overview of best practices for evaluating the board as a whole, as well as individual directors.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- A director’s real job
- Directors’ specific duties, responsibilities, and role in the current regulatory environment
- Building an effective board
- Evaluation best practices
- Succession planning for the board
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample evaluation forms for directors, chairpersons, and CEOs
- Article on board evaluation and succession
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for directors and senior officers of community banks.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.