Risk & Capital in Strategic Planning for the Board
Thursday, January 26, 2017
8:00 am – 9:30 am PT
9:00 am – 10:30 am MT
10:00 am – 11:30 am CT
11:00 am – 12:30 pm ET
Understanding and managing risk has never been more critical in the strategic planning process. The FDIC, OCC, and Federal Reserve are all examining banks’ risk profile and the adequacy of capital to mitigate that risk. This webinar will:
- Go through the process of developing a capital plan based on your risk levels and direction
- Address the primary methodology in developing a capital contingency
- Review an actual strategic plan that uses these approaches
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Determining the level and direction of each risk category
- How each risk category affects the need for capital – they are not all the same
- Importance of understanding cyber security risk
- How to determine capital adequacy which is not your capital goal
- Raising capital if needed – the difference between adding and preserving capital
- Integrating capital and risk into the strategic plan
- Importance of discussing strategies holistically
- How to maximize shareholder value and profitability within your desired risk appetite
- Examples of methodologies to:
- Determine capital adequacy
- Stress test capital
- Build a strategic plan that focuses on value and profit
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Don’t Miss the Other Director Series Webinars!
|Sign up for the entire series and receive 6 webinars for the price of 5!|
|Click here to learn more about the Director Series|
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for board members, C-level officers, and emerging leaders.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.