Director & Officer Liability: Rules, Risks & Trends
Thursday, September 22, 2016
8:00 am – 9:30 am PT
9:00 am – 10:30 am MT
10:00 am – 11:30 am CT
11:00 am – 12:30 pm ET
Serving on the board or senior management team of a community financial institution has always been viewed as a privilege by most in the industry. Unfortunately, with the Great Recession and the accompanying onslaught of suits and orders against directors and officers, many individuals have been left with a bad taste in their mouths. Personal liability is simply something no one wants to face head on in this environment. This webinar will address the real job of directors and officers and how they can do that job well, despite the associated risks. This program will provide an overview of regulations related to director and officer liability, the sources of primary risk, and the role of insurance in protecting against liability. Ensure directors and officers are equipped to mitigate risks by attending this webinar.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Directors’ and officers’ real jobs
- Evaluating sources of liability and legal duties of care and liability
- Gauging regulatory expectations for directors and officers
- Understanding the current regulatory environment for compliance and risk management
- Dealing with regulatory enforcement actions
- Meeting stakeholder expectations
- Strategies for mitigating risk
- Compensating directors and officers for risk and potential liability
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Directors’ and officers’ liability considerations
- Ten commandments for community financial institutions’ directors and officers
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for community bank directors.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.