Mobile Remote Deposit Strategies: Technology, Deployment Models & Risks
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Mobile continues to revolutionize remote deposit capture (RDC). Mobile RDC users now outnumber desktop RDC users 40 to 1, and 70% of financial institutions are deploying business mobile RDC within the next year. Deployment and adoption of mobile RDC (mRDC) among consumers and micro/small businesses will continue to grow dramatically over the next 12 months. Checks remain a preferred method of payment for most small businesses, and new low-cost commercial mRDC solutions (along with smarter risk-management tools) are prompting many financial institutions to expand their RDC offerings among both consumers and the 84% of businesses in the U.S. with less than $1 million in annual revenues. In fact, some institutions consider mRDC a necessary cost-cutting prerequisite to meaningful branch transformation. Join us for a fact check on mRDC fraud losses and benchmarks, a reassessment of mRDC eligibility and deposit limits, and a strategic look at the untapped potential of mRDC as a mass-market, deposit-gathering tool.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- State of mRDC: business and consumer, desktop and mobile
- How small business mRDC differs from consumer mRDC
- mRDC adoption forecast: consumer and small business
- The untapped potential of mRDC for mass-market deposit gathering
- mRDC risk and compliance update
- Risks and fraud loss benchmarks
- Revisiting mRDC eligibility and deposit limits
- Why mRDC matters for branch transformation
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- mRDC risk assessment
- mRDC agreement outline/elements
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This presentation is designed for officers and staff responsible for the strategy, operation, risk, compliance, and marketing of remote deposit services for both consumers and businesses. This topic’s strategic implications for branch transformation also merit the attention of executive management.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.