Meeting Federal Requirements for Tech-Based Marketing: Websites, Social Media, Robo Calls & More
Tuesday, December 13, 2016
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Consumers continue to spend more time and perform more transactions online, so your institution needs to effectively advertise using online media. However, there are overlapping regulatory and best practice guidelines to ensure your marketing is compliant. From remarketing and cookie advertising campaigns to Facebook promotions or auto-dialer telephone campaigns, your institution must successfully manage the risks of tech-based marketing before jumping in with both feet. Further, the potential for claims of unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices (UDAAP) increases the need to use upfront, clear, and transparent marketing practices. This webinar will identify common issues and outline how to use technology in a compliant manner to reach new and existing consumers.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Analysis of compliance requirements when conducting tech-based marketing
- Examples of social media advertisements properly using the “one-click” rule
- Best practices for disclosing an institution’s usage of online remarketing campaigns
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act’s requirements when using an auto-dialer for marketing calls
- Best practices when promoting online sweepstakes or drawings
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Requirements for obtaining prior express written consent under the TCPA
- Sample language for providing notice and opportunity to opt-out of remarketing campaigns
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for marketing teams, social media specialists, operations staff, and compliance and audit personnel.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.