Cross Selling Products & Services: Compliance with TCPA & FCRA
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Efforts to cross sell products and services continue to be a key operational goal for financial institutions. However, negative news stories on improper cross selling and opening fraudulent accounts have put cross-selling actions under a microscope. This focus increases the likelihood of future examination or auditor scrutiny, and requires that institutions review their practices to manage compliance and litigation risks.
This webinar will examine the impact of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) on cross-selling initiatives. Institutions must ensure they have a permissible purpose under FCRA to use a consumer’s credit report for cross-selling/marketing purposes. Further, the Federal Communication Commission’s (FCC) broad definition of an “autodialer” has dramatically increased litigation risks. Join us to learn the requirements necessary to obtain proper written consent from consumers prior to calling or texting with a marketing message.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Restrictions on cross selling using previously obtained credit reports
- How to obtain a consumer’s written authorization to obtain and use reports for marketing purposes
- FCC’s definition of an “automatic telephone dialing system” (autodialer)
- Best practices for obtaining and updating TCPA consent
- Consumer consent revocation and risks related to updated or reassigned phone numbers
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample language to obtain consumer’s consent to use credit reports for marketing purposes
- Summary of the TCPA’s prior express written consent requirement
- Fact sheet outlining the type of consent required by the TCPA for each type of call or text
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for staff responsible for marketing operations and compliance, as well as audit teams.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.