Consumer Loan Documentation
Thursday, September 1, 2016
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Many consumer loans can easily become problem loans if not carefully scrutinized for documentation, application, and compliance. Examiners are spending additional time reviewing consumer loans because of this. During a regulatory panel an examiner stated, “These may be small loans in size, but they are big in number of loans and so their importance escalates. And they are often not monitored enough for safety and soundness as well as compliance.”
This webinar will focus on the risks associated with both compliance and safety and soundness. To help lenders minimize risk and exposure, you will receive a sample consumer loan policy which addresses important issues.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Fair lending, especially pricing – a hot topic under UDAAP
- Regulatory guidance concerning the application process – what you can and cannot ask
- BSA issues – identification and OFAC requirements
- Other compliance issues, including federal insurance disclosures, privacy, fraud alerts, and Truth in Lending
- Medical information – the dos and don’ts of using or asking for medical information
- Safety and soundness – the Cs of credit and a risk-based underwriting tool
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample consumer loan policy
- Risk-based underwriting tool
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for new and experienced lenders, loan support staff, loan review personnel, compliance officers, and auditors.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.