Beyond EMV: Trends in Payments & What It Means for Community Banks
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
While issuers continue to focus on EMV at the point-of-sale (POS), payments are evolving quickly in other directions. Faster and real-time payments are dawning. Mobile-order-ahead-and-pay, buy-online-pick-up-in-store, and voice commerce are removing physical instances of in-store payments and replacing them with card-on-file payments that happen automatically in the background. Moreover, as fraud shifts from the POS to card-not-present environments, many issuers are tightening their authorization criteria and triggering high rates of false declines – a phenomenon that is quietly eroding issuer revenue in ways that many are unaware. Join us for a round-robin tour of the biggest trends in payments and what these trends mean for community banks’ card and payments franchises.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- State of payments: trends in checks, cards, cash, and ACH
- Changes in payments preferences: demographics and behavioral shifts
- Same-Day ACH: the impact of phase 2
- Real-time payments: the bottom line on Zelle and RTP
- Why real-time payments are just the beginning of reengineering everything
- The disappearance (sublimation) of physical payments, what it means, what to do
- Voice commerce, mobile order-ahead-and-pay, buy-online-pick-up-in-store
- Payments fraud: what's growing, what's declining, what matters, and how to respond
- The false decline epidemic and how to mitigate its impact
- Distributed ledger technology bottom-lined: how and when it will matter
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Peer benchmarks in payments strategy
- Checklist: elements of a payments strategy
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This presentation is designed for executives, officers, and staff responsible for the strategy, assessment, and implementation/operation of emerging payment systems and technologies vital to the ongoing viability of the institution. This topic’s strategic implications also merit the attention of board members participating on the IT and risk committees.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide bank webinars on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. For more information on bank education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.