Avoiding the Top 10 Legal & Compliance Mistakes in the E-Statement Process
Tuesday, October 4, 2016
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Is your e-statement program legally compliant? Do you adhere to E-SIGN and UETA? Is your enrollment process lawful, or are consumers being signed up in an illegal, noncompliant fashion? Do you allow consumers to sign up for online banking in your lobby? Do you encourage consumers to enroll in your lobby on their own mobile devices? Does your e-disclosure contain all the required information including mandatory technology guidelines? Could you provide evidence of consumers’ affirmative consent if your e-statement program triggered a lawsuit or regulatory audit? Attend this program and learn how to recognize and avoid the top 10 legal and compliance mistakes in e-statement programs. This webinar will answer the most common questions about E-SIGN, UETA, e-statements, e-disclosures, affirmative electronic consent, record retention, and other important issues.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Recognizing and avoiding the top 10 legal and compliance mistakes in e-statement programs
- Answers to the most common and pressing e-statement questions
- What are E-SIGN & UETA? What do they require?
- What do the courts say about demonstrable consumer consent?
- Is enrolling consumers in your lobby lawful?
- Is allowing consumers to enroll via mobile devices compliant?
- Proving affirmative consent to courts and regulators
- Balancing the need for E-SIGN compliance with providing hands-on service
- What constitutes a lawful, well-written e-disclosure?
- Understanding and complying with E-SIGN consumer consent provisions and processes
- Why and how consumers must prove technological competence to receive e-statements
- Costly consequences of noncompliance
- Timely information, expert advice, best practices, and compliance tips to implement immediately
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Compliance checklist to determine if your e-statement program is compliant
- Whitepaper: Tips for Writing Effective E-Disclosure Statements
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must to ensure legally compliant electronic banking. Compliance officers, risk managers, online banking staff, operations managers, business development managers, and others who manage online banking, E-SIGN, e-statements, and e-disclosures will benefit from this program.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.