Audit Compliance Series:
Developing a Risk-Based Compliance Audit Process for Deposits
Tuesday, November 8, 2016
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Do you need practical guidance for a risk-based deposit compliance audit program? While deposit regulations haven’t changed as rapidly as lending regulations, there are still potential areas of exposure for Reg DD (Truth in Savings) violations and reimbursement, Reg E error resolution and ODP issues, and the constant threat of consumer complaints and UDAAP challenges for deposit products and services.
This webinar will address how to develop a dynamic, risk-based deposit audit program that can prevent potential violations and protect your financial institution’s reputation. Learn which deposit regulations apply, how to maximize limited time and resources, and how to implement effective corrective action. This session will explain how to use risk-assessment tools, develop a testing schedule, and determine the sample size for transaction testing. It will also address critical elements for testing key deposit regulations, writing audit reports, and many practical tips for a successful deposit compliance program.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Top 10 mistakes in deposit compliance exams
- Overview of the disclosure requirements for Truth in Savings and Regulation E
- Best practices for deposit compliance
- Analysis of recent deposit-related enforcement actions and tips to avoid the pitfalls
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Checklist for advertising reviews
- Matrix of training topics for frontline and deposit operation staff
- Complaint policy template in Word that can be customized for your use
- Regulation E error resolution flowchart
- Regulation E opt-in checklist
- CIP procedures quick reference guide
- Summary of recent deposit related regulatory changes and resources
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be directed to compliance officers, audit staff, risk managers, call center managers, senior management, deposit operations managers, new account representatives, and customer service representatives.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.