Audit Compliance Series:
Auditing for BSA Compliance
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
BSA is comprised of four pillars:
- Designated BSA officer
- Development of internal policies, procedures, and controls
- Annual training of all employees and the board
- Independent testing and review
This webinar will provide the necessary tools to address the fourth pillar. Do you understand the scope and procedures necessary to ensure a comprehensive, risk-based audit program? This webinar will ensure your BSA audit is comprehensive and meets regulatory guidelines (whether you are conducting the audit or are the BSA officer monitoring whether a strong audit is performed).
This webinar will include resources to effectively test the adequacy of your BSA program. It will include a review of your BSA risk assessment and risk profile, the adequacy of the identification of higher-risk accountholders and transactions, and transaction testing of monitoring systems.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- How to get started with an audit game plan – from the examiners’ viewpoint
- Making the audit risk-based
- How to test down to the transaction level – including different transactional testing checklists
- Determining whether your anti-money laundering program is adequate
- What and how to report to the board
- Handling third-party BSA audits
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- BSA policy checklist
- Sample BSA request memo
- Transactional testing checklists for CIP, CTRs, cash aggregation, higher-risk accountholders, information sharing 314(a) & 314(b), funds transfers, SARs, privately-owned ATMs
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This must-attend session is directed to BSA officers, compliance officers, senior management, and internal staff who conduct audits.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.