Wednesday, August 30, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Regulators continue to warn about income and capital risk because of the pending increases in interest rates. This webinar will address traditional shock analysis on income and economic value of equity. It will focus on the reality of what might happen. For example, when rates increase, will funds shift from transaction accounts to certificates? Will deposits leave your bank for non-bank alternatives? Will competitors begin paying interest on commercial checking accounts? In addition, how do you look at the potential impact of changes in the investment portfolio, and pre-payments on your loans? This webinar will help you delve deeply into your interest-rate risk and build a plan to mitigate negative impacts.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- How to effectively measure interest-rate risk
- Potential impact from the surge in non-maturity deposits
- How to determine whether your bank has lengthened maturities
- Mitigating the negative impact of changing rates
- Regulatory concerns that could negatively impact CAMELS
- Problems in modeling that can result in bad information
- Components of an effective policy
- ALCO duties
- Establishment of realistic risk parameters
- Importance of IRR validation - auditing the process
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This program is best suited for senior officers, and ALCO members. It will also benefit board members that sit on the Audit Committee or are involved in developing risk parameters for interest-rate risk.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.