Appraisal & Evaluation Guidance on Collateral Valuation: Lender & Board Perspectives
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
According to a recent report by financial regulators, commercial construction, other CRE, and residential construction loans are growing in 75 percent of banks, particularly in midsize and community banks. Some of the issues with the rapid growth in these segments are uncertain collateral valuations, increased policy exceptions, and slow recovery in some residential real estate markets.
This webinar will address the real estate collateral valuation requirements that have been imposed on banks and appraisers. The focus will be on insights for board members and their responsibilities, and the responsibilities of management, loan officers, and administrative staff for adequacy of collateral value documentation. Answers to frequently asked questions will be included, such as:
- Are you ordering the right valuation document?
- Does your evaluation document meet regulatory standards?
- When do you need a new appraisal?
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Regulatory expectations – managing credit risk
- Portfolio management, including forward-looking risk assessment of collateral values associated with concentrations
- Appraisals: common examination findings noted in community banks
- Appraisal terms, definitions, and evaluation requirements
- Proper use and documentation for “abundance of caution” exemption
- “Value to be developed”
- “Restricted use” appraisal reports
- FAQs about appraisals and appraisal requirements
- How are short-term renewals handled?
- What is required when taking additional collateral (second property pledged)?
- Can appraisals be used on same property for a different client?
- Options for subsequent transactions and refinance with new money
- Will the appraiser provide an appraisal update or is it a new assignment?
- How are customer appraisal disputes handled?
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The presentation is for board members, loan committee members, business development personnel, lending officers, lending support staff, loan administration staff, auditors, and loan reviewers.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.