Annual MLO Compliance Requirements & Auditing for SAFE Act
Friday, August 26, 2016
8:00 am – 9:30 am PT
9:00 am – 10:30 am MT
10:00 am – 11:30 am CT
11:00 am – 12:30 pm ET
While compliance with the SAFE Act has been in place for several years, there are still questions about which activities constitute mortgage loan origination and how mortgage loan originators (MLOs) may be compensated. In addition, SAFE Act violations are starting to show up in audit reports (inaccurate registry data, poor documentation on MLOs). Examiners have cited lack of annual audits and/or weak annual audits. Now is the time to refocus on SAFE Act compliance requirements and the components of a strong annual audit.
This session will cover three important compliance components:
- Annual SAFE Act compliance requirements
- How to conduct a thorough SAFE Act annual audit
- How the SAFE Act correlates to the Loan Originator Compensation Rule
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Review the technical requirements of the SAFE Act
- Checklist for required documentation to be retained and tracked (e.g., background checks, loan officer authorization and attestation forms, registry confirmations, training, etc.)
- Steps for the annual audit – request memo, audit checklist, and report format
- Compliant methods for compensation for MLOs
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- SAFE Act fact sheet
- Sample audit procedures
- SAFE Act policy checklist
- Tracking spreadsheet for your MLOs
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, auditors, and MLOs. It will also be a good review for all lending staff.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.