12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The board secretary’s position is critical to your institution’s compliance and governance efforts. Whether new or seasoned, this webinar will provide board secretaries with guidance, tips, and tools to effectively manage their responsibilities.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the board secretary’s full responsibilities
- Establish routine meeting agendas using provided samples
- Use included checklists to track the board’s review of corporate documents, policies, and reports
- Distinguish which details should/should not be included in the minutes
- Explain the benefits and compliance considerations of electronic board package delivery and virtual meeting platforms
You have been tapped as your institution’s new board secretary. Congratulations! The first thing to know is that your role goes far beyond taking minutes at board meetings. You must be the chief organizer, ensure compliance requirements are met, and develop an understanding of governance issues.
This important webinar will provide the information and tools needed to succeed in your new role. It will explain your responsibilities and best practices to enhance administration of corporate governance, including planning and establishing an agenda, delivering the board package, “scribing” notes during the meeting, and documenting the details in the official minutes. You’ll be provided with guidance, tips, and tools to create a more effective, efficient process to carry out your role.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit board secretaries, senior management, and directors.
- Sample board agendas
- Sample board reporting schedule
- Sample board attendance log
- Sample policy approval schedule
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Regulatory Requirements for the Board: A Comprehensive Checklist"
Thursday, October 15, 2020
"Building the Best Possible Board Meeting: From Agenda to Action"
September 16, 2020
"Board Secretary Training:
Documenting Board Training, Minutes, Corrections & More"
April 8, 2020
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.