12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The honor of serving on a bank’s board of directors comes with many responsibilities, expectations, and potential liabilities. Even with fewer troubled and failing banks, many boards are concerned about ongoing changes to the banking industry and economy. What about remaining independent in the midst of industry consolidation? What do regulators expect regarding compliance? What is a rural community bank board’s role with cyber security and fraud? While the industry has indeed changed, board members should be encouraged that their primary responsibility has remained the same. This webinar will address the roles of directors and officers in today’s environment. Join us for an overview of regulations related to director responsibilities and liability, the sources of primary risk, and recent trends for mitigating those risks.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Directors’ and officers’ roles and responsibilities
- Evaluating sources of liability
- Legal duties of care and liability
- Gauging regulatory expectations for directors and officers
- Understanding the current regulatory environment for compliance and risk management
- Meeting stakeholder expectations
- Strategies for mitigating risk
- Compensating directors and officers for risk and potential liability
- Planning for director succession
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- 10 Commandments for Community Bank Directors
- 10 Commandments for Dealing with the Regulators
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is best suited for directors and senior executive officers of community banks.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.