8:00 am – 9:30 am PT
9:00 am – 10:30 am MT
10:00 am – 11:30 am CT
11:00 am – 12:30 pm ET
One of the most challenging jobs for a director of a financial institution is to analyze, evaluate, then approve or deny loans. Most often, the board has little or no experience in making loans, yet directors are asked to approve the largest and most complex credits. This webinar will discuss the most important criteria in making credit decisions with a thorough discussion of the key components and ratios of a strong credit. At the conclusion of this webinar, you will have the knowledge needed to make the tough credit decisions you are asked to make.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- How to assess general credit risk
- How to determine the creditworthiness of a borrower
- Importance of the appraisal
- Standard regulatory guidelines for various loan types
- Credit concentration risk
- Acceptable allowance for loan and lease loss (ALLL) methodologies
- A simplistic method for pricing a loan or group of loans
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Review of a commercial real estate loan
- Loan pricing methodology
- How to find peer information from the Uniform Bank Performance Report (UBPR)
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for financial institution directors, C-level officers, and lenders.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.