12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Homeowners are increasingly tapping the equity in their homes through HELOCs (home equity lines of credit). Regulation Z has very specific requirements for HELOCs that dictate what and when information must be provided. There are also specific limitations on what can and cannot be done during the HELOC’s term.
Some financial institutions have tried to make the process more consumer friendly – sometimes with unintended results. Consider this scenario. “We will allow borrowers to pay HELOC opening fees with an advance against the line.” Is that permissible? How should it be disclosed? Join us to learn the answer to these questions and more. Today’s increased HELOC demand provides an opportune time to review these important requirements.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Preparing for a HELOC program, including an overview of the guiding principles
- HELOC application and account opening documents
- Subsequent requirements, including statements
- Steps to ensure you are adequately addressing HELOC end-of-draw risk
- Dos and don’ts of a line management program (capping or freezing of a borrower’s line)
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Manual detailing Regulation Z requirements for HELOCs (with more detail than the presentation) to assist participants in dealing with complex, HELOC-related issues
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Fair Lending Comparative File Review"
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This insightful webinar will benefit anyone involved in the HELOC process, including decision makers, management, lenders, processors, and loan servicing personnel.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.