12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Accurate and consistent loan reporting affects an examiner's perception of a bank's overall credit quality. The loan information provided in Call Reports allows examiners to review changes, trends, and concentrations in the bank's loan portfolio during and between examinations. This session will focus on loan reporting basics, including accurately coding loan types such as residential real estate loans, construction loans, owner-occupied vs. non-owner-occupied loans, and multifamily loans. The basics of completing Schedule RC-C Part I and reporting allowance for loan loss activity on Schedule RI-B will be covered.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Overview of the loan classification hierarchy for the Call Report
- Properly identifying and classifying real estate loans vs. non-real estate loans
- Detailed review of loan categories including 1-to-4 family residential loans, owner-occupied vs. non-owner-occupied property, construction loans, commercial and industrial loans, and other categories
- Identifying and reporting High Volatility Commercial Real Estate (HVCRE) loans
- Preparation of the basic loan information presented in Schedule RC-C and RI-B
- Overview of how loan classifications impact regulatory capital
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Loan classification hierarchy guide
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for Call Report preparers and reviewers, lenders, and loan administration staff responsible for providing information for the Call Report or to bank regulators.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.