12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Commercial loans carry the most risk and technical requirements, and therefore receive the most examiner scrutiny. This session will go beyond the basics and provide a better understanding of protections and safeguards to use when drafting loan and collateral security documents and underwriting loans. This is a must-attend webinar for commercial lenders seeking more advanced training, including how to avoid hazards.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Identifying the parties to the loan – beneficial ownership rule
- Ensure you know who owns, guarantees, and is authorized or required to sign which documents
- Loan agreement covenants and when to consider using more than boilerplate covenants
- Perfection of security interest, including different types of collateral (marketable securities, deposit accounts, life insurance policies, equipment and inventory, contracts or receivables, leases, etc.)
- Title insurance policies, including endorsements and exceptions
- Subordination agreements – when to get them, what is being subordinated (repayment priority, lien position), and when to ask for subordination of loans to shareholders
- Documenting commercial construction loans
- A general liability policy does not cover a subcontractor’s faulty workmanship
- Commercial lending compliance hot spots
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Commercial loan documentation checklist
- Commercial real estate documentation checklist
- Employee training log
- NEW: Interactive Quiz to measure staff learning
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Required Compliance for Commercial Loans Secured by Real Estate"
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for commercial lenders and support staff, loan review staff, and auditors.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.