Whether you were hired from the outside and bring HR experience with you, or were promoted from within, you have your work cut out for you. Your first assignment is to learn what your supervisor and management team expect from you. Then you can create a plan to meet their expectations. This webinar will provide you with the information needed to be a grounded HR professional and a business partner with the bank’s managers and employees. It will also focus on the necessary steps to build a compliant, effective, credible, and service-oriented HR program.
Recorded Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- What it takes to be a competent HR officer
- Determining the management team’s expectations and how to execute the HR plan to meet goals and expectations
- The first steps as the new officer – where to start and what to scrutinize
- How to build credibility to ensure the success of HR as a partner with management and employees
- Avoiding individual liability as the HR officer (a brief overview of compliance issues)
- Opportunities to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your HR programs
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Copy of SHRM’s competency model
- Assessment checklists
- Effective HR practices
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This webinar is designed for the new human resource officer or for HR staff who aspire to succeed. This webinar will also be a good refresher for the seasoned HR staff member.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.