In today’s rapidly changing environment, engaging in long-term planning is a necessity. Unfortunately, many directors and officers not only find long-term strategic planning somewhat boring, they avoid it altogether. As a result, non-negotiable aspects of the planning process, such as incorporating short-term and long-term succession plans, are overlooked. In the current banking environment, the need for a qualified board of directors and management team is essential to an institution’s success.
This informative session will outline strategic planning techniques that not only meet the ever-changing regulatory requirements, but also make the process enjoyable. This webinar will cover issues such as structuring a planning retreat; current, substantive issues that should be considered in the strategic planning process; and developing individual plans within your strategic plan. It will also address how to plan for succession at all levels of the bank and will offer tips and considerations for effective board and management succession. In addition, it will highlight methods to attract and retain quality employees and discuss compensation issues related to effective succession planning.
Recorded Tuesday, November 4, 2014
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Directors’ and officers’ real job
- Understanding the strategic planning process
- Ensuring the strategic planning process is effective
- Considerations for board and management succession planning
- Finding the right compensation structure
- Strategies to attract and keep quality employees
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample board succession plan
- Sample management succession plan
- Sample succession planning questionnaire
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for senior management and directors.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.