12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
COVID-19’s reach has extended into lending, leading the Agencies to issue various regulatory guidances. Learn the current areas of examiner focus and how pandemic-related loan modifications and risk assessments have been impacted.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Discuss these regulatory guidances:
- Interagency Examiner Guidance for Assessing Safety & Soundness Considering the Effect of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Institutions (June 2020)
- Joint Statement on Additional Loan Accommodations Related to COVID-19 (August 2020)
- Interagency Statement on Loan Modifications and Reporting for Financial Institutions Working with Customers Affected by the Coronavirus (April 2020)
- Review and address the actions needed to provide accurate risk ratings, especially for borrowers highly impacted by COVID-19
- Differentiate between Section 4013 modifications and interagency short-term modifications, including required monitoring and tracking of Section 4013 modifications
A proactive approach to identifying, measuring, and mitigating credit risk resulting from the effects of COVID-19 should be a top priority in the third and fourth quarters of 2020. As part of prudent portfolio management practices, it is imperative that management understands examination factors – in addition to best practices for identifying and assessing risk grades for borrowers affected by the pandemic.
The Agencies have provided guidance regarding the impact of COVID-19 on financial institutions. This presentation will provide a summary narrative of select Agency topics, including examiner guidance for assessing safety and soundness, additional COVID-related accommodations, and modification classifications in response to the pandemic. In addition, this webinar will provide management with proactive measures and considerations to contemplate to provide timely and accurate risk assessment due to the effect of COVID-19.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This timely program will benefit lending personnel, specifically loan officers and credit analysts. Management members with loan portfolio oversight responsibility will greatly benefit from this comprehensive presentation.
- Excel spreadsheet to distinguish modification classification regarding Section 4013, interagency short-term modification, or troubled debt restructure
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Fair Lending & COVID-19: Strategies for Maintaining Compliance"
August 11, 2020
"TDRs: Defining, Examples, Financial Reporting & Best Practices"
June 4, 2020
"Interagency Statement on Loan Modifications:
Working with Borrowers Impacted by COVID-19"
April 9, 2020
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.