This is a 90-minute webinar.
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Capital management is more than meeting the guidelines for being well capitalized. Determining your institution’s risk plays a central role in determining what “adequate” capital means. Take advantage of this important learning opportunity for directors and senior management.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify the risks boards are expected to manage (e.g., credit risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk, operational risk, compliance risk, strategic risk, and reputation risk)
- Discuss how these risks often overlap and need to be considered together and not in individual silos of risk
- Comprehend capital adequacy regulations, including the Community Bank Leverage Ratio
- Observe the interplay between strategic planning and capital planning
- Discern what your organization’s level of capital adequacy should be based on its level of risk
- Meet the regulatory agencies’ expectations for appropriate board management of capital and risk
- Understand the elements of capital planning, including stress testing your balance sheet to ensure adequate capital under moderate- and high-stress periods
All too often financial institutions believe that simply meeting regulatory guidelines for “well capitalized” is all there is to capital management. However, the level of adequate capital should reflect the level of risk for your organization.
This webinar will address:
- The basic regulatory definitions of capital adequacy
- The types of risk the board should measure, monitor, and control
- Risk interaction and how strategic planning, stress testing, and capital planning need to be aligned
- Regulators’ expectations that the board should properly manage risk and provide adequate capital to ensure your organization is safe and sound
- Considerations for determining the level of adequate capital based on your organization’s risk profile
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for directors and senior managers responsible for managing the organization’s risk and capital adequacy, including CEOs, CFOs, chief risk officers, chief credit officers, and others who manage risk.
- Risk analysis toolkit to assist in measuring the degree, weight, and direction of risk in an organization
- Outline of a basic capital plan
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Liabilities & Responsibilities of New & Experienced Directors"
Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Requirements, Timing, Delivery Options, Risks & Concerns"
April 7, 2021
"The Board's Role in Cyber Security Risk"
February 25, 2021
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.