12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Signature guarantees are not new, but the financial losses and administrative problems associated with them are increasing because many institutions do not understand the responsibilities and liabilities assumed when guaranteeing a signature or using a Medallion stamp. It is imperative that all financial institutions that issue or accept signature guarantees have effective internal controls to mitigate the associated losses and problems. Do you know the differences between the various signature guarantees, including the STAMP Medallion Program? Join us to learn the situations in which each type of signature guarantee is required, including analysis of the related risks and liabilities.
NOTE: This seminar is not sponsored by or affiliated with the STAMP Medallion Program.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Distinguishing among the various types of signature guarantees
- Explanation of STAMP Medallion Program
- Examples of common situations and how to handle them
- Financial institution liability and how to reduce that risk
- Proper identification of parties
- Proper questions to ask: Is the signature genuine? Is the signer the appropriate party? Does the signer have legal capacity?
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Checklist of questions to ask before guaranteeing a signature or using a Medallion stamp
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for any staff member that issues or accepts signature guarantees or participates in the STAMP Medallion Program.
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Notary Essentials & Legalities"
Thursday, April 11, 2019
Availability extended until December 31, 2019
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.