12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Are your borrowers struggling? A recent interagency statement provides guidance for working with borrowers experiencing loan shortfalls due to the impact of COVID-19 – but outside the normal TDR structure. Learn the details and next steps.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define a troubled debt restructuring (TDR)
- Understand when a loan modification related to COVID-19 is exempt from TDR reporting
- Identify when a coronavirus-related payment deferral does not need to be reported as past due
- Evaluate the best way to work with an affected borrower
- Determine the immediate proactive steps your financial institution should take
On March 22, 2020, federal and state regulators issued the Interagency Statement on Loan Modifications and Reporting for Financial Institutions Working with Customers Affected by the Coronavirus. This statement provides guidance about how to work with borrowers (both consumer and commercial) who are unable to meet their loan payment obligations due to the coronavirus situation. If handled correctly, loan modifications to assist borrowers who were current prior to the pandemic will not be characterized as a TDR, and payment deferrals will not be required to be reported as past due. With this webinar, you’ll learn to properly handle consumer and commercial loan modifications and payment deferrals in accordance with the Interagency Statement and how to document compliance. Discover the proactive steps that can assist your institution immediately.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for consumer and commercial loan personnel, including loan officers, loan operations staff, workout and special asset personnel, collectors, attorneys, auditors, compliance officers, and managers.
- Interagency Statement on Loan Modifications and Reporting for Financial Institutions Working with Customers Affected by the Coronavirus
- Checklist of proactive steps to assist your institution in the near-term
- Employee training log
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Commercial Loan Workouts, Restructuring & Loss Mitigation"
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
"TDRs: Defining, Examples, Financial Reporting & Best Practices"
Thursday, June 4, 2020
"Annual Loan Review: Consumer, Commercial & Residential"
Wednesday, December 2, 2020
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.