12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The board secretary’s role is critical in today’s dynamic industry involving corporate governance, compliance, and director liability. That role also includes communication with directors and management, administration of corporate governance, oversight of policy/procedure reviews, obtaining and maintaining annual documentation, and compliance issues. Examiners routinely ask for and conduct an in-depth review of board minutes as a part of their regular exam request memo. What are the dos and don’ts of this important role? How can the board secretary be more effective? This session will provide the answers to these questions and more.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Board secretary responsibilities
- Documenting the board’s oversight of your institution’s risk management
- List of annual policies, officer designations, and other items for the board
- Documenting various methods of board training
- Establishing the agenda and distributing the board package
- Crafting minutes, supporting documentation, and corrections
- E-package delivery, including privacy and IT sample procedures
- Record-retention requirements
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Board attendance log
- Sample policies and procedures approval schedule
- Sample board report schedule
- Sample agendas
- Electronic media board package considerations and sample procedures
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for board secretaries, senior management, and directors.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.