This is a 90-minute webinar.
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Beef up your BSA program by learning lessons from other institutions’ mistakes. Compliance has become even more important as regulators are now penalizing individuals responsible for AML program deficiencies. Your institution is expected to create a culture of compliance. Learn how.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Avoid compliance violations by learning from others’ mistakes
- Mitigate compliance risks with internal controls and processes
- Convey to stakeholders, management, and the board why a “culture of compliance” is not only desirable, but expected
- Distinguish actual violations of laws and regulations from recommendations made by examiners and auditors
- Explain how regulators are issuing penalties against those responsible for AML program deficiencies
- Recommend important changes to your BSA/AML program, or confidently describe why the existing program sufficiently addresses compliance risks
Everyone wants a comprehensive, risk-based approach to their BSA/AML program. A good way to determine what regulators and auditors will examine is to learn why other institutions have been cited and fined. Their shortcomings can become your to-do list. Use those fines and publicly announced enforcement actions to drive changes and obtain high-level buy-in – and within all organizational levels.
This webinar will also address:
- Consequences when an institution fails to comply with a Cease and Desist Order or Examination Findings
- Keeping up on emerging trends in financial crime and proceeds of criminal activity, such as COVID-19 fraud schemes
- Why you must update your risk assessment and internal controls for new products and services
- Examiner expectations regarding the institution’s role in preventing money laundering and terrorist financing
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for BSA officers, managers, compliance personnel, auditors, and staff who identify, investigate, and report fraud and BSA-related activities.
- List of current guidance and advisories with SAR “key phrases”
- Summaries of enforcement actions
- Checklist of updated BSA examination directives
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Risk Officer Series: Advanced BSA Officer Training:
Risk, Compliance & Real-Life Scenarios"
October 27, 2020
"Leveraging BSA Controls for More Effective OFAC Compliance"
May 13, 2020
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.