12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
ACH payments are supposed to be automated. However, sometimes manual intervention is required – and it can be confusing! ACH items can be returned as stop payment or unauthorized, but which code is right and does the accountholder need to complete a Written Statement of Unauthorized Debit or an ACH Stop Payment form? This webinar will explore stop payments and unauthorized returns and provide an easy formula for knowing which code and form are correct.
This course is eligible for 1.8 AAP credits.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- How the ACH rules define an unauthorized ACH entry and the correct return reason codes
- Determining whether an ACH item can be returned as a stop payment and the proper procedures
- How to properly complete Written Statements of Unauthorized Debit and ACH Stop Payment forms to ensure compliance
- Comparison of ACH rules and Regulation E for disputed ACH items
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Stop payment versus unauthorized process flowchart
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Payment Systems Rules & Regulations for ACH, Cards, Wires & Checks"
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will best suit ACH professionals, audit/compliance personnel, frontline staff, branch managers, and ACH operations staff.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.