This is a morning webinar.
8:00 am – 9:30 am PT
9:00 am – 10:30 am MT
10:00 am – 11:30 am CT
11:00 am – 12:30 pm ET
Record retention is serious business. Are you complying with your institution’s policy? Are you retaining documents long enough? Or are you hanging onto some “special” items that are past their expiration date? Who is responsible for oversight? What should you do next?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain the various laws which designate a time period for document retention
- Create a schedule of the designated retention periods for each law
- Determine the retention period for documents that don’t fit within a specific category
- Identify the elements of an effective record retention and destruction policy
- Understand the special record retention rules when regulatory action or litigation is threatened
Various federal and state laws and regulations mandate retention of specific documents and records for a designated period of time. Unfortunately, these laws overlap and conflict, causing confusion. In the past, some institutions simply retained all records permanently “to be on the safe side.” That isn’t practical today because retaining all records can actually cause harm. All institutions must have a systematic record retention and destruction policy to comply with the law. This webinar will explain the legal and regulatory retention period requirements and the practical considerations for both electronic and paper document retention and destruction.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for deposit and loan staff, operations personnel, compliance staff, managers, auditors, and anyone responsible for creating record retention policies and responding to document requests.
- Sample record retention and destruction policy, including specific time periods mandated by federal law
- Your state’s specific time period requirements
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Electronic & Imaged Documents:
What to Keep, What to Destroy, What Holds Up in Court"
Wednesday, February 12, 2020
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.