12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Examiners and auditors are requiring full compliance with the detailed and technical TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID) requirements, including the 2018 TRID amendments. Given the complexity of the requirements, mortgage lenders need to perform internal reviews and analysis of their mortgage practices in order to appropriately push-back on overstated or incorrect findings. This session will outline common issues and best practices for preparing and responding to exams or audits.
This webinar will provide answers to common questions and likely areas of examiner or auditor scrutiny. Timing requirements, written lists of providers, and tolerance levels will be specifically analyzed. Documentation and record retention requirements will also be addressed.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Timing requirements for loan estimates, written list of providers, revised loan estimates, and closing disclosures
- Tolerance levels and options for providing tolerance cures
- Documentation requirements for intent to proceed, changed circumstances, and an applicant’s receipt of required disclosures
- Common questions and resources to assist in documenting compliance
- Tips for pinpointing regulatory sections for additional research and confirmation
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Summary of the October 1, 2018, TRID amendments
- Summary of the June 1, 2018, TRID amendment impacting tolerance levels
- Resource with answers (and regulatory citations) to frequently asked questions
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for mortgage lenders, compliance staff, and audit teams. Having representatives from each department will ensure everyone is on the same page when preparing for or responding to a TRID exam.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.